Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sweet Sixteen

 


Happy Sweet Sixteen 08/01/2023 to my first dog

2023 collage of Liam 

my Leo boy

I had guessed that Sweet Sixteen is a girl thing so I wikied and discovered not always...So Liam is going to get in on it

he can be sweet and he is 16

see following link for some background

on Sweet Sixteen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_sixteen_(birthday)

Liam's current situation at 16

a refresher

 https://liamlicks.blogspot.com/2023/01/gotcha-day.html

and this year 

within only a few months

no more:

playing at Best in Show Pet resort blogger-image--1768796588.jpg

                                                                                                                       playing with his toys

 blogger-image--1069832560.jpg

No more rollies


                                                                   
 
                                                                Jumping up on couch 

 
 
 
No more walks blog3.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                            yoga


 
 
Sitting on couch 
 
 
The changes this year were quick 
concurrently
me (carol)
his Leo mom has some issues  and Liam kicked it off
 
and set in motion my current injury situation
 
 My ongoing injuries

1-I fell with Liam in January 2023
Running full speed with him 
He stopped suddenly and I flew over him 
I hit the cement with my right shoulder
not head
I know how to fall

2-In February Exacerbated it by 
exercise classes
weights 
Rowing
yoga
I truly believed movement was the solution 
 
3-And then in March I completed the job
 by carrying rocks/coral  on the beach in Fl for 4 hours when I was lost 
Ripped apart my right bicep
Sprained my shoulder 
Aggravated the bone spur impingement 
 
refresher story

MRI showed 
1-Torn rotator cuff
2-Frayed  and torn shoulder muscles 
3-ripped bicep
4-osteoarthritis 
5- twisted ligaments 

Did the prescribed weeks of P/T and home exercises with my friend Carol’s O/T practice 
Surgery scheduled 7/25/23
I was all set to get this done 

But
 
Apparently I went upstairs early Tuesday morning June 20
 to take out my contacts
Decided to have a little rest on the bed no one uses anymore
Woke up a few hours later
Kinda disoriented and got up thinking I was downstairs 
The distance from the bed to the floor higher than the couch to the floor in the den where I usually sleep 
Wobbled and fell forward 
In my mind I knew not to fall on my right side so chose the left 

Not wise
The full sleepy weight on one hand too much 
Crack, bend, crack 
I heard it
LIJ ER set  left wrist broken in 2 places
Right shoulder surgery postponed 
The left arm now takes precedence 
thank you to the iconic Dr. Facibene for the lime green cast cover
 


And it all began with me running full speed with Liam in January
ironically 
Liam can no longer go out for a walk 
he stumbles 
hits his head

I can be fixed
Liam cannot be
his age and thyroid cancer will keep on
is he near the end?
no
see link
Liam 
eats, 
drinks
interacts

 
chases and barks at the ferals
 
and has more good days than bad
 
me too
 
I can do those activities
except the barking at the ferals

we celebrate together
croc get well charms by Liz Nikol inserted byKasia Krason



for now we celebrate sweet sixteen
took him a few tries to maneuver the crown to his head but he got it

Woof, woof


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to our dog friend Liam 🐕‍🦺. You’ve lived quite a colorful life. Here’s to more time for love, licksand Starbucks. Woof Woof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy sweet 16 to Liam! And Carol, I am so sorry about all that had happened. Sending hugs and 🩷 for a speedy recovery 🍀 Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sending back loving licks Maureen...appreciate you reading...

      Delete