Thursday, October 11, 2012

I will Follow her

LIAM WAITING FOR THE DAY'S PLAY
There is a lot of following going on in the world of Social Media.  Twitter.  Blogs.  FB page subscriptions. If you follow you may be followed back. A courtesy connection. Then a possible relationship. You receive feedback, updates, photos.  I follow people on Twitter, they follow me.  I have blog followers and I follow back. In the non-virtual world I have a follower.  He lives in our house.  He waits to play, toy ready.


I would say he is a stalker but that implies malice. My follower is Liam.  He is everywhere I am.  As I type this story (his blog) he is sitting next to me, occasionally looking up, sometimes staring, licking latte foam.












If I leave this room he will follow, leaping from his window couch perch.

If I pause and do not come downstairs immediately, Liam will wait at the foot of the staircase- looking up at me.
LIAM AT THE FOOT OF THE STAIRS
 Or he is gazing upon me with a question-Are we going out now?
There is a song recorded years ago that echoes in my mind and fits this situation with a little gender adjustment "I Will Follow Him" sung by Peggy March. My version is Liam howling "I Will Follow Her"
Yes, Peggy is alive and well and singing - Her hit "I Will Follow Him" was recorded in 1963 when she was 14. It came out right after she turned 15 and she became the youngest female artist with a number one hit.
More about her
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_March

and here she is -click for a listen



Conversely, outside of our home, "I Will Follow Him" is my anthem as Liam turns the tables and runs for squirrels, rabbits, birds...There is never a chance that he will follow me when wildlife and nature surround him-add in tossed pizza crusts, candy bar wrappers and other food rejects that have missed the garbage can and I am the follower.
FOLLOW ME
You follow me
I follow back. 
A connection. 
A relationship.

Woof, Woof

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved that song.

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izzy,

      I did also. There were some young women with powerful voices back then. While looking for it I ran across Lesley Gore, also still singing. Loved her voice and songs.

      Delete
  2. Liam follows you because he loves you. That is the best way to be followed. As opposed to Little Peggy March who is obviously a crazy stalker!
    Nice post, Sannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sannie,

      Thanks. Liam is a lover, so true. I am sure little Peggy had no idea about such crazy feelings., but she sang the words with gusto. What a voice! I laughed at your characterization-very funny

      Delete