Monday, March 2, 2009

First Snow Day in 5 Years

Schools closed and Liam played The snow watch commenced when we returned from the shower, actually after the end of Amazing Race. The school closings started scrolling across the bottom of the screen. I get excited about this, as it NEVER happened when I was in school. In the '50's and 60's when I was going to school-they never closed because the nuns lived right there. They just walked down from the convent and appeared in the classroom. A miracle! below Dec '61The parents sent us out with plastic bags over our shoes in our boots and did not expect us back.
My job Sunday night was to call the work emergency number at 11PM. I also posted it on Facebook as there was a need expressed by some SSA employees. So I called, put the Blackberry on speaker
The message announced a delayed opening. Not what the hubby wanted to hear and it was my blackberry that delivered this odious news. He stared at it with disgust. Fast forward to Monday morning, Liam and I are sleeping in and Paul informs us that the message has changed-work is closed!!!! He praises the brilliance of this decision as well as the original announcement of a delayed opening. Paul explains to me in his best "Regis Boy" voice that the announcement of a delayed opening was very smart as it bought time for an informed weather based decision in the morning before people had set out. Of course, that was the plan all along - this was now very obvious. , I respond-I am just glad to be retired and not have to worry about getting in because as a manager I would have tried. Paul began shoveling and Liam began exploring, attempting to do his business... this looks deep

above-How do I get through this, the snow is up to my neck?
I Have to jump


Yikes, that is cold on my belly and my private parts Arooooooooooooooooo

I am done, let me back in from the Winter Wufferland


Woof, Woof

No comments:

Post a Comment